Saturday, March 6, 2010

W126: Air Conditioner (A/C) System

One of my buddies, TC who recommended to send my W126 to this A/C workshop to repair nearby Jln Pudu. When i first sent in my W126, the workshop has got plenty of cars to service. I was asked to leave the car first, and was told that they will diagnose on my W126's A/C problem as soon as 1 of the cars in the workshop is ready to go. I agreed to do so, and made a move by taking taxi back to my office.

After 3 hours later, i received call from the A/C workshop that the W126's a/c compressor is completely malfunctioned. Eventhough i decided to replace the compressor, there is no guarantee that the car will have no gas leaking problem due to the existing a/c pipings are too old, and some sign of rat biting too! :P

I was asked to decide whether the W126 is going to keep for long or short term. If it is for long term, it is best to overhaul the entire a/c system including the york, piping hose, compressor, and other misc items. However, the overhauling of a/c job is required to remove the front dashboard, and some welding task is required on the car firewall too. Based on the workshop mechanic experience, most of this W126's firewall found rusted particularly the area where the a/c piping hose pass thru section. 

After much consideration, i decided to seek for second opinion from other workshops. Same advice was told, even some workshops dare not to accept such tedious job! Finally, i agreed to let the recommended workshop to do the a/c system for my W126, and it takes 5-7 working days or more depends on the part availability.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to check on my W126 on the very next day. The car was parked inside the workshop with the front bonnet opened.


To look closer to my W126, it was found that the internal seats, base carpet, steering wheel and the dashboard were missing. Having said that, these items were removed in order to replace all the a/c hoses, and other related items. I was told that my W126 preserved the tip top condition of chassis and firewall. He was surprised that my W126 does not required any welding on the firewall at all. All the sound insulators are still soft and good condition. More photos after the jump!



  

3 comments:

  1. To ensure that you and your family stay cool indoors even during the hot and balmy months of the year, it is important that your air conditioning unit should be working at peak efficiency.

    Air conditioning repair Westwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much did it cost you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. how to sell more HVAC contracts

    ReplyDelete