Monday, May 31, 2010

W111: Workshop for Engine Restoration

Frequent visit to my W111 body restoration is a must on every Saturday, after office hours. I was so happy to share good news to En. Naza that i found an engine for my W111. Since En. Naza was in automotive industry for long, i'm sure he has got plenty of contacts on good workshop in repairing engine.

I was introduced to the workshop right opposite to his workshop to see if they repair Mercedes Benz engine or not. Visited the wrokshop across the road, and of course to audit on their tools, workmanship as well as the cars in their workshop and some survey on the customers who sent car to the workshop for repairing.

Finally, i decided to take this workshop to be my wish list to repair and restore my M114 engine. The workshop is running by 2 Malay partners namely, En. Nori & En. Nor. They are indeed friendly person. Took them to visit my my engine located in my office. I was advice to send the engine to their workshop for dismantling the engine in parts to overhaul internally. Of course, they introduced to wet blast the entire engine components prior assembling them back again. Meanwhile, i was asked to purchase the top overhaul components and to grab the manual clutch kits including the flywheel. Hopefully, these items won't be hard to find. Also, the next component i need is the radiator, and the air box for my W111.

Check out the photo after the jump.

Picture 1: Engine dissected to clean one by one

Picture 2: The Cylinder head, valve cover, intake manifold, starter, etc
were packed in a carton box, to be sent out for wet blasting

Picture 3: Engine Block; removed the oil pan to clean internally

Picture 4: Engine block was cleaned further to remove the
rusty dirt generated from radiator

Picture 5: Piston head polished to remove the thick carbon

No comments:

Post a Comment