Saturday, December 5, 2009

W111: Workshop Found

Hurray... i found a workshop nearby my home. Having said that, this workshop was found at night when i decided to make a quick glance around my home area. The workshop owner, "Ah Meng" was so nice to explain the car restoration's 'DO & DON'T' and also told me where to start to source around for the parts and to get some DIY reference books on W111. However, i was told that his workshop is currently been occupied with 3 car restoration projects, hence he can't accept my W111 for time being. Thanks, Meng bro for his advice!

On the other hand, I decided to continue to source for other workshop(s). Guess what, i found 1 workshop located nearby my office area! Took the welding mechanic (Uncle Robert, the old man who claimed that he did car restoration for such model in the past) over to my office to look into the car condition and to obtain the quotation. Finally, he quoted the body restoration job at RM4,000 nett, and he could start the job immediately that will take 2 months to complete the chassis restoration. Sounds good huh!

Ultimately, I decided to give this old man a try though i wish to get 'Ah Meng' to do the restore job, but i can't keep my W111 way too long in my office for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment