Wednesday, February 3, 2010

W111: German vs Japanese Engine?

Lotsa my friends told me to go for modern engine so that i don't have to worry about spare parts or car breakdown problems. Of course, easy maintenance is to take into consideration. However, it will be meaningless if i have decided to put in non-original engine into my W111, unless my objective is to have the classic look but equipped with big wheels like those American MUSCLE machines.

So, Japanese engine is out from my wish list. Having said that, it is impossible to obtain M127 engine in Klang Valley as i have visited most of the halfcut shops in which most of the halfcut were Mercedes modern cars such as W211, W210, W203, W202, W126, & W124. Even the halfcut shops from rural states such as Kelantan, Terengganu and Perlis also don't carry M127 engine anymore.

In view of the unavailability of M127 engine, i decided to look for M110 engine in particularly from W126, as it has the similar engine design, i.e: inline 6. Based on my finding, most of the W126's engines can be found from halfcut shops are 3.0L, & 3.8L. These engines are priced at around RM3,800 to RM5,000 subject to condition. I would rather not to get any of these as the road tax will cost me a BOOM annually. Apart from that, these engines don't come with wiring and other supporting parts. I will need the halfcut complete engine at least to complete the engine tranplant process.

Stay tune for more update.

No comments:

Post a Comment